Dear Expectant Mamas,
As we begin a brand new year, let us be reminded of the strength and courage of countless women before us who have birthed healthy, happy and beautiful babies. Let us trust that our bodies know how to deliver this baby just as our bodies knew how to grow this baby. Giving birth is more than just a physical experience. It’s a highly spiritual and emotional transformation and let us allow our bodies the space to do what it’s designed for by teaching our minds to get out of the way. Join me in this daily meditation!
Repeat after me…
- Birth is a safe, wonderful and powerful experience.
- I love my baby and I am doing all that is necessary to bring about a healthy birth.
- My body has a wide open space for my baby to descend. There is nothing in the way.
- My baby will be born healthy and at the perfect time. I will not rush my baby.
- I will breathe in slowly and deeply, filling myself with gentleness and relaxation, and blow away any tension and fear.
- I feel the strong waves of labor and know that everything is normal and progressing.
- Each contraction produces a healthy, positive pain that I can handle.
- I am strong, confident assured, assertive and very feminine. I was born to do this.
- I accept this labor as my labor and believe it is the right one for me and for my baby. Whatever happens, I will be at peace.
- I am now willing to experience all of my feelings. There is no bad, there is only love.
- My body is healthy. My baby is healthy. My body and my baby work in perfect harmony.
- Giving birth is my greatest achievement not my greatest fear.
- “Now all you can do is wait. It must be hard for you, but there is a right time for everything. Like the ebb and flow of tides. No one can do anything to change them. When it is time to wait, you must wait.” -Haruki Murakami
- My pelvis releases and opens as have those of countless women before me.
- I visualize an easy, peaceful, joyous and pleasurable birth.
- I am a powerful, loving and creative being. I can do this.
- The day my baby is born will be filled with abundant happiness and joy.
- My cervix opens with each contraction and allows my baby to pass through easily
- Relax, relax, relax… the more I can relax the easier this will be.
- All I need to do is relax and breathe – nothing else.
- Pain is weakness leaving the body. With each contraction, I’m getting stronger.
- “Muscles send messages to each other. Clenched fists, a tight mouth, a furrowed brow, all send signals to the birth-passage muscles, the very ones that need to be loosened. Opening up to relax these upper-body parts relaxes the lower ones.” -William and Martha Sears
- Relaxation, is the key to dilation.
- My baby and I are one. I choose to create peace within me and around me.
- My body opens, my mind quiets, my baby descends.
- I deserve this wonderful birth.